Creating a TV Gateway to Deliver More via the Home Network
Traditional broadcast providers supply premium content primarily via cable and satellite to televisions equipped with a DVB-based set-top box and PVRs. However, most of today’s in-demand content sources are available only via IP networks.
To meet growing subscriber demands, maintain satisfaction, and lower churn - broadcast providers are expected to supplement their existing offering, delivering content and streaming TV via IP from any source to any platform, anywhere in the subscriber site.
To cost-effectively accomplish this, digital broadcast providers need branded, easily-implemented, multi-room and cross-platform solutions that seamlessly integrate with the home network. They need portable, durable, and reliable solutions that enable streaming broadcast TV and access to satellite, cable and DTT broadcasts, recorded media, and VOD across the household – on TVs, PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other IP-enabled devices.
The VBox Personal Media and TV Gateway
DVB to IP solutions from VBox enable broadcast providers to the turn the subscriber home LAN into a fully-branded personal media and TV gateway. VBox offers broadcast providers:
- An inexpensive DVB to IP convergence solution that integrates cleanly with any DVB or IPTV UI and middleware, and subscriber home networks - leveraging existing Ethernet, telephone and power line infrastructure, decreasing cabling overhead, and supporting wireless networks.
- Remote management and maintenance to rapidly address customer problems and lower support costs.
- Compliance with leading standards like UDP, DLNA and UPnP, enabling rapid integration of existing technology, future proofing, and quick time to market.
- Support for TVs, IP STB, cell phones, media players, iPads, game consoles, laptops and tablet computers.
- Complete security and content protection, using accepted broadcast industry standards.