Kodi is an award-winning free media center for playing videos, music, TV, pictures, games, and more, there are many ways to bring live TV into Kodi, however if you are looking for a simple, high quality, buffering free Live TV expirirence, the solution is to use a supported “PVR backend”.
The VBox TV Gateway is a network TV router and PVR converting the broadcast singal from your Aerial (Terrestrial), Cable or Satellite to IP and stream it accross your home network.
A single VBox can be connected to multiple Kodi players, allowing you to watch and record live TV in full broadcast queality directly from Kodi.
The VBox TV Gateway advantages:
- Simple setup using the VBox PVR add-on found in Kodi
- Watch Live TV direcctly on Kodi – in full broadcast quality
- Record – live, schedule and series TV
- Program Guide
- Channel icons
- Sort channels by LCN (channel number)
- Genre colors
- TV anywhere – stay connected even when you’re on the road
- Cast program and recording from VBox live TV apps to your Kodi
- and more
How to enable PVR add-ons in
Kodi 17 Krypton
1. Connect the Kodi to the same router as your VBox
2. Run Kodi
3. Go to Add-ons
3. Enter your VBox IP address
To Find The VBox IP Address, Run One Of The VBox Free Live TV Apps For IOS/Android/Windows 10/Firefox or Look In Your Router’s DHCP Setting
4. Press Done to accept the IP address
6. Press “Enable” to start the add-on
7. Wait until Kodi finishes to collect all the TV channels, recordings and TV guide